The KORIGEN code has been developed at Karlsruhe from an Oak Ridge Isotope Generation and Depletion code, ORIGEN.
We have used KORIGEN for fuel burn-up studies with pre-generated nuclear data libraries. We have also used it for modelling of the spent fuel radioactive inventory evolution  and related values, including:
- Molar concentrations or masses (g) for nuclides and elements
- Radioactivities (Bq or Ci)
- Total and gamma heat releases (W)
- Ingestion radio-toxicities (relative)
- Inhalation radio-toxicities (relative)
Fig. 1. Radioactivity of spent fuel and its components
- H.W. Wiese, Development and application of KORIGEN, https://publikationen.bibliothek.kit.edu/170043229, 1998.